As mango season is in, I wanted to try a sugar free and eggless cake for my dad. After going through websites, blogs and many hit and trials I have come up with my version of sugar free mango cake that you can enjoy guilt free!
The delicate mango flavor and natural sweetness really makes a delicious cake that is yummy & healthy. I have added cardamom powder just like we use it in our Indian desserts. But if you don’t like this spice then you can skip it. It’s moist, delicate and delicious — without all the added sugar!
- 1 1/4 cup Refined flour (maida) or wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup white butter or unsalted butter
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon grated almonds or dry fruits of your choice.
How to go about it –
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Melt the butter. Pour in a bowl and let it cool a bit.
- Now to the melted butter add mango pulp and mix well.
- To the above mixture of melted butter and pulp add condensed milk or milk (I have used condensed milk) and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, vanilla essence and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and cut and fold with spatula. Avoid folding too much. Add milk if required.
- Pour in a greased cake tin , garnish with grated almonds and bake 180 for 35-40 mins.
- Transfer it too cooling rack and let it cool.
- Garnish with any toppings of your choice or just like that and enjoy with your loved ones.
- If your mangoes are not sweet enough, add powdered sugar as required.
- You can replace all purpose flour with wheat flour.
- To bring out the mango flavor at its best, always use good quality mangoes like alphonso and kesar.
- It can stay good in refrigerated for 3-4 days. Make sure to cover it. As there is butter in the cake, it will harden as you refrigerate. Bring it to room temperature before serving or microwave it for few seconds.
- You can skip cardamom or replace with cinnamon powder, coffee powder.