This is that time of the year when mango is available in plenty and is used to make different variety of pickles. Today I am sharing one of my favorite mango pickle recipe; Sweet & spicy mango pickle. In my previous posts I have also shared Instant Aam Ka Choonda Recipe, Oil Free Mango Pickle, and Mango Pickle Recipe.
Coming back to sweet and spicy mango recipe , this is the instant version of it. This can be prepared by two methods; first by cooking all the ingredients which gives you softer texture of mangoes and second by keeping it in the sun for 3-4 days which will give make the mango pieces little crisp.
I have prepared this pickle by cooking all the ingredients together so the mango pieces are little soft, and jaggery and spices are perfectly blended.
Lets gets on to the recipe to make this sweet and spicy mango pickle:
Preparation Time – 8 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
Serves – 1 medium size bottle
2 medium size – raw mango, cut into small pieces
3 tablespoon – mustard oil or cooking oil
Pinch of asafetida
1 teaspoon – cumin
1 teaspoon – mustard seeds
1 teaspoon – fenugreek seeds
1/2 teaspoon – nigella seeds
1/2 teaspoon – fennel seeds
1 teaspoon- red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon- turmeric powder
1- 11/2 cup – jaggery
Salt to taste
How to go about it:-
- Wash and wipe dry the raw mango and cut into small pieces.
- Dry roast cumin, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, and fennel seeds and grind coarsely.
- In a pan, heat oil, add asafetida, roasted masala, turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well.
- Now add raw mango pieces, give it a good mix.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Now add the jaggery, stir and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes or until the jaggery is dissolved.
- Remove from the gas. Transfer it into another bowl, cover it with the soft cloth and let it cool.
- Store it in the clean air tight bottles.
- Sweet and spicy mango pickle is ready to serve. this goes well with roti, parathas and with rice. I love to have it with anything and everything 🙂
- Dry the mangoes and remove the seeds.
- Adjust the red chili powder and jaggery according to taste.
- Store in clean air tight bottle and keep in refrigerator.
If you like my recipes and would like to receive updates do subscribe to my blog Paarulz Kitchen and you can also like my Facebook page for more updates.
Do try out this instant sweet and spicy mango pickle recipe and let me know how it turned out for you, if you like my recipe please leave your comments below.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!