This healthy broccoli soup is simply delicious.Walnuts in this broccoli soup make it extra creamy so you don’t need heaps of cream or cheese to do the job.Try making this simple broccoli soup with the goodness of walnuts that is as delicious as it is healthy.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
Serves – 4
1 tablespoon – Walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon – Olive oil
1 small – Broccoli, break into tiny florets (2 cups florets)
1 cup – Spinach, chopped
1 inch – Cinnamon stick
1 cup – Milk
3 cups – Water
1 teaspoon – Salt or as per the taste
1/2 teaspoon – Pepper
a Few drops – Lemon Juice (optional)
How to go about it –
- Wash and cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Wash and chop the spinach and keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan. Add cinnamon stick and wait for few seconds.
- Add broccoli and spinach, cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes without covering.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes till vegetables turn soft. Remove from fire and let it cool down completely.
- Grid walnut with half cup milk to form a smooth paste in a grinder.Remove the paste from grinder and add remaining half cup milk to it and keep aside.
- Grind broccoli and spinach along with water into a smooth puree. Strain the puree, this step to strain is optional.
- Mix walnut paste to broccoli spinach puree.Bring it to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from fire. Add lemon juice before serving.
- Don’t over cook the broccoli and spinach, turn of the heat as vegetables turns soft.
- Always choose the dark green headed broccoli.
Try making this simple broccoli soup with the goodness of walnuts that is as delicious as it is healthy.And if you happen to try do share your feed back with us in comments below.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!